Skip to main content

Learn it from the horses mouth

Early February you should convince your boss (and yourself) to come to Malaga in Spain from 07-FEB-2012 to 08-FEB-2012 or even until 10-FEB-2012 to attend the first combined Fusion Middleware Partner Community Forum for the SOA Suite, WebCenter, BPM and WebLogic Partner Communities.

Let me give you a number of reasons why you should be there:
  • A number of senior Oracle PM's will be there to share the newest developments in these different themes
  • Meet the creme-de-la-creme of the Oracle Communities
  • See me presenting
  • See presentations of others who are even more exiting then I am ;-)
  • Give your network to the Oracle communities a boost
  • Enjoy the city and social event
  • Participate in excellent trainings
More info and how to register can be found here: http://www.oracle.com/partners/secure/news/oracle-events/1400537

Let me know if you are coming so we can plan ahead for some time to grab a beer - cu in Malaga

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different silent install files WLS 10.3.2 and 10.3.3

Today I tried to cut some corners and use a silent.xml file for WLS 10.3.3 for a silent installation of 10.3.2. To my amazement on a clean machine I received the following error: oracle@xxx001:/opt/oracle$ java -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/oracle/tmp -jar /nfsstage/wls1032_generic.jar -mode=silent -silent_xml=./silent/wls_silent.xml -log=/tmp/wls.log Extracting 0%....................................................................................................100% The local BEA product registry is corrupted. Please select another Middleware Home or contact Oracle Support I checked the wls_silent.xml file and found that it includes Coherence, which was not bundled with the 10.3.2 version. So I modified the 10.3.3 silent_xml file from value="WebLogic Server/Core Application Server|WebLogic Server/Administration Console|WebLogic Server/Configuration Wizard and Upgrade Framework|WebLogic Server/Web 2.0 HTTP Pub-Sub Server|WebLogic Server/WebLogic JDBC Drivers|WebLogic Server/Third ...

Unpacking Oracle cpio for AIX

When extracting a cpio file with Oracle software from OTN on AIX you might encounter the following problem: oracle@mymachine-app:/install/oracle/MRCA>cpio -idmv cpio: 0511-903 Out of phase! cpio attempting to continue... cpio: 0511-904 skipping 642010 bytes to get back in phase! One or more files lost and the previous file is possibly corrupt! Segmentation fault The solution is to use the option -idcmv oracle@mymachine-app:/install/oracle/MRCA>cpio -idcmv c Reads and writes header information in ASCII character form. If a cpio archive was created using the c flag, it must be extracted with c flag.

Oracle VirtualBox - first (short) impressions

I am using Oracle VirtualBox now since a couple of weeks in order to establish if it can replace my VMWare Server. I want to put down a couple of quick impressions - which will hopefully be followed up by some more insight. Speed: It seems that Oracle VirtualBox is faster than the VMWare Server. Creating an image as well as starting it up and shutting it down are pretty fast. However if your machine is pushing the limits on memory the shutdown process of an image can easily take 5 minutes. FAT/NTFS: I have not yet found the possibility to create a disk file in chunks of 2GB. VMWare offered this OOTB. Now when I move my image from my Windows7 NTFS filesystem to the FAT external disk it complains about a 20GB file. More research is needed here. Distributing images: I copied the images and gave them to some colleagues during several trainings. My experience is that the different laptops we use are not handled well by VirtualBox. E.g. I had to remove a network from the vbox-file in order t...