Skip to main content

Different servers in Content Server

I'm taking some steps to work on my ECM 2.0 skills.
One of the things to do was the tutorial which comes with the software.
At a certain point you are asked to use the "Administration Server".
Clicking on it revealed the following text:

Unable to retrieve root IdcAdmin page. Permission denied. Address '127.0.0.1' is not an allowable remote socket address.

Ok, I'm using VMWare and did this from the Windows host, while the Content Server runs on one of my Linux machines. I tried with a browser inside the VMWare itself.
Same result.

Searching the OTN forums I found a part of the solution. The posts say that you need to add the IP address of the machine to the config.cfg file. Then the apache.cfg file needs to be changed ("Allow from any" becomes "Allow from all"). The final step is the restart of the server.

Well - it took me a while to find out why it didn't work.
The content server has (at least) two servers:
  • one in $UCM_HOME/etc
  • and one in $UCM_HOME/admin/etc
My first attempts where in the first directory but never delivered the result I needed. After restarting the server in the $UCM_HOME/admin/etc I finally succeeded.

Comments

wildcard said…
Hello, Mr. Chatziantoniou. Remember me? I'll give you a couple of hints: 1,700 miles from Seattle to LA, Air France (airline of lost baggage), T2, etc. My email is [first].[last]@gmail.com.

Popular posts from this blog

Different silent install files WLS 10.3.2 and 10.3.3

Today I tried to cut some corners and use a silent.xml file for WLS 10.3.3 for a silent installation of 10.3.2. To my amazement on a clean machine I received the following error: oracle@xxx001:/opt/oracle$ java -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/oracle/tmp -jar /nfsstage/wls1032_generic.jar -mode=silent -silent_xml=./silent/wls_silent.xml -log=/tmp/wls.log Extracting 0%....................................................................................................100% The local BEA product registry is corrupted. Please select another Middleware Home or contact Oracle Support I checked the wls_silent.xml file and found that it includes Coherence, which was not bundled with the 10.3.2 version. So I modified the 10.3.3 silent_xml file from value="WebLogic Server/Core Application Server|WebLogic Server/Administration Console|WebLogic Server/Configuration Wizard and Upgrade Framework|WebLogic Server/Web 2.0 HTTP Pub-Sub Server|WebLogic Server/WebLogic JDBC Drivers|WebLogic Server/Third ...

Unpacking Oracle cpio for AIX

When extracting a cpio file with Oracle software from OTN on AIX you might encounter the following problem: oracle@mymachine-app:/install/oracle/MRCA>cpio -idmv cpio: 0511-903 Out of phase! cpio attempting to continue... cpio: 0511-904 skipping 642010 bytes to get back in phase! One or more files lost and the previous file is possibly corrupt! Segmentation fault The solution is to use the option -idcmv oracle@mymachine-app:/install/oracle/MRCA>cpio -idcmv c Reads and writes header information in ASCII character form. If a cpio archive was created using the c flag, it must be extracted with c flag.

Oracle VirtualBox - first (short) impressions

I am using Oracle VirtualBox now since a couple of weeks in order to establish if it can replace my VMWare Server. I want to put down a couple of quick impressions - which will hopefully be followed up by some more insight. Speed: It seems that Oracle VirtualBox is faster than the VMWare Server. Creating an image as well as starting it up and shutting it down are pretty fast. However if your machine is pushing the limits on memory the shutdown process of an image can easily take 5 minutes. FAT/NTFS: I have not yet found the possibility to create a disk file in chunks of 2GB. VMWare offered this OOTB. Now when I move my image from my Windows7 NTFS filesystem to the FAT external disk it complains about a 20GB file. More research is needed here. Distributing images: I copied the images and gave them to some colleagues during several trainings. My experience is that the different laptops we use are not handled well by VirtualBox. E.g. I had to remove a network from the vbox-file in order t...