Friday, July 13, 2007

Authorisation failure with CRS

A while back I had the problem that my CRS information was lost.

Now I had found that when I did a crs_start of the component I received the following error:

CRS-0254 authorization failure

Some investigation showed that the problem was related to the fact that the component was not owned by the oracle user.

Using crs_getperm ora.ORCL.db showed the problem.

oracle@myhost:/opt/oracle/crs/bin>./crs_getperm ora.ORCL.db
Name: ora.ORCL.db
owner:root:rwx,pgrp:system:r-x,other::r--,

This can be solved by doing the following:

crs_setperm ora.ORCL.db -o oracle
crs_setperm ora.ORCL.db -g dba

Now it works again.

cu
Andreas

2 comments:

rajesh said...

very useful.

Unknown said...

Thank You sir ! stuck while doing prod upgrade and your blog save my time.